Birth, Breath, and Death: Meditations on Motherhood, Chaplaincy, and Life as a Doula
You are commenting using your Facebook account.
- Natural Allergy Relief with Hypnosis and Subliminal.
- Vegetarian Cooking: Vege Fish Tofu with Green Peas in Tofu Sauce (Vegetarian Cooking - Vege Seafood Book 14).
- Birth, Breath, and Death : Meditations on Motherhood, Chaplaincy, and Life as a Doula.
- Cross Purposes?
- Birth, Breath, and Death: Meditations on Motherhood, Chaplaincy, and Life as a Doula.
- The Essential Classical Recordings: 100 CDs for Todays Listener?
Notify me of new comments via email. Notify me of new posts via email. Share this: Twitter Facebook.
See a Problem?
Like this: Like Loading Leave a Reply Cancel reply Enter your comment here Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:. Email required Address never made public. Name required.
- Dudley, There Is No Tomorrow! Then How About This Afternoon?.
- Holding Space with Amy Wright Glenn -.
- Spectacle (A Young Adult Novel);
- Birth, Breath And Death With Amy Wright Glenn Journey With Deanna podcast!
- Post navigation?
- Top Authors.
- Birth, Breath, & Death | Book Reviews | Christian Feminism Today.
Post to Cancel. Be the first to like this.
No Downloads. Views Total views. Actions Shares. Embeds 0 No embeds.
Holding Space: On Loving, Dying, and Letting Go | rehimivyhe.tk
No notes for slide. Birth breath and death meditations on motherhood chaplaincy and life as a doula 1. At the age of fourteen, Amy Wright Glenn began to question the Mormon faith of her family. She embarked on a life long personal and scholarly quest for truth.
While teaching comparative religion and philosophy, Amy was drawn to the work of supporting women through labor and holding compassionate space for the dying. Amy shares moving tales of birth and death while drawing on her work as a birth doula, hospital chaplain, and her own experience of motherhood.
We are born, we die, and in between these irrevocable facts of human existence the breath weaves all moments together. As a hospital chaplain, Amy Wright Glenn has been present with those suffering from suicide, trauma, disease, and unforeseen accidents and has been witness to the intense grief and powerful insights that so often accompany loss.get link
Birth, Breath, & Death: Meditations on Motherhood, Chaplaincy, and Life as a Doula
Glenn is also a professional birth doula with a deep and committed mindfulness practice who has thought deeply about the significance of human love and loss. She asks us to embrace the task of being present with what is -- through courageous and mindful expressions of compassionate presence -- and helps us to accept the fact of our own mortality on a visceral and emotional level, not simply as an intellectual abstraction.
Holding Space concludes by integrating key insights drawn from working directly with the dying into a moving and compelling meditation on the healing power of "holding space" for all involved in caring for the dying, a healing sorely needed in our culture at this time.
- Making love and babies!
- Birth, Breath, and Death, With Amy Wright Glenn | Unity Online Radio!
- Review: Birth, Breath & Death: Meditations on Motherhood, Chaplaincy, and Life as a Doula?
- Endgame in the Western Sahara: What Future for Africas Last Colony!
- Star League 2: Curse Of The Werewolf.
Chair for Teaching Excellence. She is also a contributor to PhillyVoice. Glenn provides online and in-person trainings to birth and mental health professionals regarding pregnancy loss. Amy deserves not just praise for writing in gorgeous, clear prose, but deep thanks for creating a gentle guide we all need for that one thing no one escapes: death. In a clear, intimate voice, Amy Wright Glenn shares her own experience and wisdom and by doing so makes a space for her reader to develop the same.